10:00am to 6:00pm
* Closed for lunch from 1:00-2:00pm
2:00pm to 6:00pm
what is benefits counseling?
Our Benefits Counselors help answer questions about public and private benefits.
Specifically, VeryHuman's Benefits Counseling team:
- Focuses on community education by helping members understand the importance of medical screenings
- Educates individuals on government and private programs that may be available to the individual
- Assists our members in filling out program application forms
- Makes referrals to other agencies and organizations that can help our members
- Advocates for our members when it seems they are not being treated fairly
- Initiates requests for reconsideration and/or appealing denied benefits claims
Who can receive benefits counseling services?
Benefits Counseling is available to persons with disabilities (medical diagnosis required), individuals age 60 and over who live in: Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, or Ventura County.
We also assist undocumented immigrants living with HIV/AIDS.
What topics do Benefits Counselors have information about?
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP)
- Covered California (Covered CA) insurance
- Food stamps
- Housing (transitional, temporary, and permanent)
- Office of AIDS. Health Insurance Premium Payment (OA-HIPP)
- Prescription drug assistance
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) assistance
- Rider Relief Program
- Social Security benefits
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)